3

listening

I find myself in a world where people are so wrapped up in their own problems sometimes they simply don't give a crap about what you think and how you feel. That is what i use to think of people as a whole, self absorbed self seeking, selfish in general. I guess i was sort of a mild misanthropist. But i realized that this world isn't full of selfish people, in fact there are so many people out there who dedicate their lives for the greater good of the society, and they never get recognized. it's not he recognition they're looking but its the great rewarding feeling they get during and after they finish their service.

I learned this through the two years in blind school. sometimes on a friday night the last thing i needed is to deal with disabled children who i need to repeat myself countless times to get my point across. i hated myself for sometimes falling asleep in my class, or getting annoyed at my student because i was simply to tired and irritated. but in the end of the day, i felt accomplished and i felt rewarded because i didn't spend my friday night playing tetris, farmville, or watching southpark at home, but i spent my friday night teaching those that are visually impaired. I felt rewarded because i spent my friday night doing something productive, and something that benefited others, and not just myself.

I really look up to my students, though they are blind, nothing stopped them from doing what they wanted to do. They sing, they dance, they play sports just like we do, sometimes they do it even better than us. They fall in love, they get jobs and they raise their own family, they are just like in many ways, and in many other ways they are better than us. They are the perfect examples of those who live their life to the fullest, and those who never give up.

i can say that i learn more than i have taught my students, thankyou my students or shoulod i say my teachers? haha.

*sorry about bad grammar, its an issue in writing i've been battling for a verrryy long time ):

3 comments:

Someone Like You said...

agreed,
out of the amazing life we have, we really are so blessed. can we not take just 2 hours of our life helping those who are less fortunate...
jia you!!
despite what others say, it's worth it in the end whether we're recognized or not

jenny jensen said...

i agree with you but i still think mankind is selfish as a whole, what differs one from another is the extent of selfishness they reach. some real a level of mild selfishness while others are selfish and selfless to the pinnacle. i believe it's just how much that differs one from another. however, that is just my opinion

Jackie Nunez said...

agreeeeeeeeeed.

i donated lots of my clothes today even though i wanted to keep so much of them but i knew that other people need it way more than i do. and i guess letting go of your selfishness is when you get that rewarding feeling.

keep doing things that help others rene, im proud of you.

Post a Comment

Back to Top